Does it really work?
Yes! Our device has been through strict clinical trials to ensure it is safe and effective for use. Our CurrentBody Skin LED Precision is both FDA Cleared and CE Certified.
Is it safe for the eyes? Do I need goggles?
Red and Near-Infrared light are clinically proven to be safe for use and therefore goggles are not needed for treatment.
Does it help with acne?
Red and infrared light are proven to promote wound healing, reduce inflammation, and provide pain relief. That being said, the device does not contain blue light which targets bacteria to reduce acne. For information and advice on products which will work for you, please contact our Beauty Device Experts, we will be happy to talk about a treatment regime which will work for you.
How do I clean the device?
Before each use, with the device switched off, clean the device with a water-based wipe. Stubborn stains can be removed by wiping gently with 70% alcohol. Do not use any other cleansing products as these may damage the plastic.
How often should I use the device?
For best results, use daily for a minimum of 8 weeks. After this, maintenance treatments can be carried out 2-3 times weekly.
Do I need to use the Hydrogel masks with the LED device?
Our Hydrogel masks are designed as a complementary treatment alongside your device, you don’t need to use them. We recommend using a Hydrogel once per week as a boost to your skincare regime, though you can use them as frequently as you like.
Can I use retinols with the CurrentBody Skin LED Precision?
The mask should be used on clean, dry skin or with our Hydrogel mask. It is safe to apply over-the-counter retinol products after your 10-minute treatment. For a high-strength or prescribed retinol, we recommend consulting with your doctor before using the mask.
Can I use the LED Precision while pregnant/nursing?
Unfortunately, we do not recommend using the CurrentBody Skin LED Precision in this case, this is because clinical trials have not been conducted on users who are pregnant or nursing.
Who shouldn’t use the device?
• Do NOT use this device to treat any other conditions apart from those listed in the indications for use. This device has not been tested for any other conditions than those listed, and the risk is unknown.
• Do NOT use this device if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. This device has NOT been tested on pregnant or breast-feed-ing women and therefore the risk to the foetus, neonate or pregnant women is unknown.
• Do NOT use this device if you suffer from Lupus erythematosus, photosensitive eczema or Albinism. If you use this device system to treat Lupus erythematosus, photosensitive eczema or Albinism you may cause a severe skin reaction.
• Do NOT use this device if you suffer from any photosensitive disorder (sensitisa-tion to light). If you use this device and you suffer from a photosensitive disorder you may cause a severe skin reaction.
• Do NOT use this device if you are taking any medication that can cause photo-sensitivity. If you use this device and you are taking any medication that can cause photosensitivity you may cause a severe skin reaction. Photosensitivity is a common side effect of various medications. These can include certain antibiotics, chemotherapy drugs, and diuretics. If you are unsure about any medication you may be taking consult your healthcare provider. Other substances not listed above can also cause photosensitivity. Common examples of these substances are: St John’s Wort, coal tar, deodorants, antibac-terial soaps, artificial sweeteners, naphthalene (mothballs), petroleum products, brightening agents found in laundry detergent, and cadmium sulphide (a chemical injected into the skin during tattooing).
• Before using this device you must carry out a sensitivity test.
• DO NOT USE if you are sensitive to this device.
• Do NOT use the device on eyelids or directly over eyes.
• Do NOT use this device in any way that is not exactly as specified in these instructions for use. Use of this device other than exactly as specified in these instructions for use has not been tested and the risk is unknown.
• TURN OFF and REMOVE this device immediately if it feels hot or your skin feels uncomfortably warm.
• Do NOT use this device without first removing creams, lotions or make-up BEFORE treatment. Some ingredients in these products may cause light sensitisation or may reduce the effect of the treatment. If you use this device without removing these products, you may cause a skin reaction, or you may reduce the effect of the treatment.
• NEVER use this device near water or where water can be spilt onto the equipment. DO NOT use this device if you think it has come into contact with water.
• Keep this device away from HOT surfaces.
• Do NOT attempt to modify this device in any way. Modifying this device will void your warranty. Modifying this device could cause an electric shock when the system is used again. The system contains no serviceable parts.
• Do NOT use this device if any part is damaged in any way.
• This device is only recommended for use by people over 18 years.
• Immediately after treatment skin may appear red. Skin should return to normal within 1-2 hours.
• Temporary headaches immediately following the light treatment can be treated with an appropriate pain killer and rehydration.
• This is an electrical device, which under certain circumstances could present an electrical shock hazard to the user. Please read the accompanying user manual thoroughly and follow directions stated in the manual to assure maximum safety during operation.