First Time Set Up
• Before use, it is important to fully charge the device. As a safety feature, the device will not work when charging.
• Select and insert appropriate plug for your country and connect to the plug.
• Insert the micro USB connector into the device. Insert the plug in to the mains power supply and switch ON.
• The LED light in the handle of the device will illuminate solid red to indicate the device is charging. The battery is fully charged when the red light changes to green. When it needs charging again a flashing red LED light will appear in the handle.
• The device will take around 4 hours to charge.
• Each charge is sufficient for approximately 70 individual 3 minute treatments.
• To recharge the device, follow the instructions above. To prolong the battery life, do not recharge the device until the red light starts to flash and unplug from the mains when fully recharged.
Before carrying out your first treatment you must carry out a sensitivity test. Follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Charge the device fully. Place the device on your inner arm.
2. Switch ON and treat 3 different sections of your inner arm for 3 minutes each. The device will automatically beep after each 3-minute treatment. You can then stop the device by pressing the ON/OFF button.
3. At any time if your skin feels hot or uncomfortable STOP using the device immediately.
4. After the treatment wait at least 2 hours and if the skin on your inner arm appears red and/or itchy the device is unsuitable for you. Return the device to CurrentBody within 14 days of purchase for a full refund.
How to Use
Carrying Out a Treatment
1. Cleanse and exfoliate skin to remove any traces of skincare and make up, as this can stop the light penetrating into the skin. This will make the treatment less effective. Some skincare products can also react to the light causing skin irritation.
2. This device has been tested to stringent eye safety standards. However, if you find the light uncomfortable you can use the comfort goggles included.
3. Place the device on the area of the face you wish to treat, ensuring the light is directed into the skin. The device beeps after each individual 3-minute treatment time signalling that you should move on to the next area. You may stop the treatment at any time by pressing the ON/OFF button. This device can be used on fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, but do not put the device directly over the eye or on the eyelids.
4. If you wish to treat your whole face, divide the face into 10 sections as below. Start with section 1, moving the device gently over the skin for 3 minutes. Then move on to the following sections, repeating the treatment for 3 minutes each until you reach the end of the 30-minute session, when the device will switch itself off.
5. After use, follow your normal skincare routine. LED light therapy can help increase the absorption of skincare products.
6. Clean the device after each use with a water wipe. Ensure that the device is NOT connected to the mains when cleaning. When not in use, we recommend you keep your device in the travel bag included.
7. For best results, use daily for a minimum of 8 weeks. After this, maintenance treatments can be carried out 2-3 times weekly.