How to Use the Tripollar STOP V
The indicator lights on the Tripollar STOP V device work as follows:
Green lights indicate RF mode. A single green light means that the device is ON and is operating in low level RF model. Two green lights mean that the device is operating in high level RF mode.
Blue lights indicate RF + DMA mode. A single blue light means that the device is operating in low level RF mode and low-level DMA mode. Two blue lights mean the device is operating in high level RF mode and high-level DMA mode.
Each press of the power button changes the power setting.
Before you begin:
Before using the Tripollar STOP V, do the following:
1. Open the box, remove the device and its power supply.
2. Insert the adaptor onto the electrical posts.
3. Twist the adaptor clockwise to secure fit.
4. Connect the power supply to the device.
5. Plug the power supply into an electrical outlet.
6. Remove the STOP Preparation gel from its box.
IMPORTANT: Before using the device for the first time, it is recommended to perform a patch test 24 hours prior to initial use. To do so, apply a small amount of STOP Preparation Gel to the inner arm and treat the area with the Tripollar STOP V device. Ensure that the skin does not have a negative reaction to the gel or treatment.
7. Remove the protective cover from the device.
Treating Your Skin
To treat your skin using the Tripollar STOP V device:
1. Cleanse and dry the treatment area.
2. Apply a very thin, even layer of STOP Preparation Gel to the treatment area (fake and/or neck). This gel must be used during the entire treatment session. Your skin may feel a warm sensation when the gel is applied.
3. Turn the device ON by quickly pressing the power button. Make sure that the green indicator light turns ON.
TIP: A long press of the power button turns the device OFF.
4. Select the RF power setting (Low/High) that is most comfortable for you.
IMPORTANT: During your first treatment session, we recommend that you use the Low power setting and then adjust the power level according to your skin’s tolerance for subsequent treatments.
5. Divide the entire treatment area into two main sections – one for each side of your face and/or neck (right side and left side). Typically, you treat one side of your face/neck entirely before treating the other side. Divide each side into several working sections that are approximately twice the size of the device head. In general, you first treat one working section and then move to an adjacent section. You repeat this general technique to treat the other side of your face and neck.
6. Place the device on your skin, ensuring that all four electrodes are touching the skin. For best results, all four electrodes must be in full contact with the skin at all times during treatment.
7. Start moving the device in very slow circular motions or small figure of eights, slowly heating your skin. The orange indicator light will turn ON when the skin is heated to the optimal temperature. In addition, a beep will sound to indicate that the optimal temperature has been reached.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to keep the device constantly moving on your skin. Do not leave the device on one place for long without movement, as skin overheating may occur. Be sure to constantly move the device slowly over the skin to ensure proper heating of the treated area. Moving the device too fast will not achieve the intended effect.
8. Once the orange light turns ON and a beep sounds, continue moving the device within one working section using the same slow circular motions for a few moments and then move to an adjacent working section. The new working section now includes the heated section and the new section, thus enlarging the area. You may want to start your treatment by treating the section at the jaw line, and then moving to the nasal area and so on, moving from the bottom to the top of your face.
The device’s automatic temperature-optimisation mechanism protects the skin from overheating. After the skin has reached the maximal treatment temperature, the green indicator light goes OFF and the orange indicator light goes ON to indicate that the energy source has been automatically shut down. The device automatically turns itself back ON when the skin temperature drops below the optimal temperature or when you move the device to an adjacent treatment area where the skin temperature is lower. As you move from one section to another, the orange indicator light turns OFF if the temperature of the skin in an area is not warm enough. This is normal. Therefore, as you work within one working section and move back to the previous section, you maintain the heat in that area too. In this way, as you move back and forth between working sections, you are able to maintain the heat in both sections for as long as possible.
For effective treatment, the goal is to maintain the optimal temperature for several seconds before moving to the next treatment section. This means that the orange indicator light should be illuminated as much as possible when treating an area.
IMPORTANT: The orange indicator light turns ON and OFF, depending on the temperature of the skin in the current area of treatment. The orange light is ON when the temperature of the skin in that area is sufficiently heated and is OFF when it is not. In addition, a beep sounds whenever the orange indicator light turns ON.
For optimal treatment, it is recommended to begin the treatment using the Low power setting in RF mode and to follow the guidelines below:
• If the orange indicator light and sound indicators do not appear within 5 minutes, or if you do not feel any heating, try moving the device as slowly as possible without stopping the motion. Slow, circular, constant movements are more effective than rapid movements. The slower the movement, the faster the treatment area heats internally.
• If the orange indicator light and sound indicators still do not appear after 3-5 minutes, select a higher power level. If the indicators still do not appear after increasing to the high power setting, try moving the device more slowly, without stopping the motion.
• If the orange indicator light and sound indicators turn ON immediately or if you feel excessive heat, select a lower power level.
9. Repeat this technique one working section at a time until the entire treatment area has been heated.
10. For best results, after treating all working sections on one side of your face/neck, go over the entire treatment area in large sweeping circles for a few minutes to rewarm the entire area, without waiting for the orange light to illuminate. This action maintains the optimal temperature and achieves uniform heat across the entire treatment area. This completes the treatment session for one side of your face and neck.
11. Repeat steps 4-10 for the other side of your face and neck.
12. Switch to RF + DMA mode. We recommend starting at the low power level.
IMPORTANT: We recommend that you only use RF + DMA mode on the jaw line. This mode is not recommended for other facial areas.
13. Start moving the device using a very slow linear motion along the jaw line.
14. The ensure optimal results, use the device for 5 minutes on each side of the jaw for a total of 10 minutes. After the entire treatment area has been treated, the skin may show some redness (erythema) and minor skin swelling (edema) in the treatment area. Both should disappear after a short time.
15. Press the power button for two seconds to turn the device OFF.
16. Unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet.
17. Gently remove the STOP Preparation Gel from your skin and wash your face. You can apply a moisturiser if you like.
18. Clean the electrodes of the device with a damp cloth or paper towel and cover the device tip with its protective cover.
WARNING: Do not submerge the Tripollar STOP V device under water.
Recommended Treatment Guidelines
The following treatment guidelines are recommended for using the Tripollar STOP V device:
• Treating the entire face with RF takes approximately 20 minutes. For shorter treatment times, focus on selected areas of concern. Treatment times differ for each person.
• Treating the face with DMA takes approximately 10 minutes.
• For optimal results, use the Tripollar STOP V device 2-3 times a week for a period of 6-8 weeks.
• Make sure that you allow at least one day in between treatments on the same area.
• To maintain long-term results after finishing the full course of treatments, we recommend that you use your Tripollar STOP V 2-4 times a month or as needed.
How to Use the Tripollar STOP V
How to Use the Tripollar STOP V